World Standards Day
The Q Mark Celebrated World Standards Day on Wednesday 14th October 2020
This year the theme for World Standards Day is – ‘Protecting the planet with standards’. World Standards Day aims to seize the opportunity to combat climate change with the power of international standards.
Our planet is facing an enormous challenge due to anthropogenic activities. Emissions of greenhouse gases, especially carbon dioxide, are resulting in warming of the earth. The practical solution to this problem is global agreement on the adoption of standards to economic development as they establish protocols and criteria to gauge various parameters. These technicalities improve energy efficiency, reduce harmful human impact on the environment and facilitate sustainable use of limited resources.
Standards, through established protocols and methods with a data-driven approach, offer governments and industries best benchmarks for policy-making and strategies for policy implementation. Therefore, they are an essential tool for sustainability.
Global Handwashing Day
Thursday 15th October 2020 is Global Handwashing Day.
Wash your hands: Why this year’s Global Handwashing Day is more important now than ever
Global Handwashing Day is to recognise that handwashing is one of the most effective actions you can take to reduce the spread of pathogens and prevent infections, including the COVID-19 virus.
1. Regular and thorough handwashing with soap reduces the chances of spreading COVID-19 and other infectious diseases.
2. Soap and water kills viruses that may be on your hands.
3. Frequent hand washing with soap and after critical times is one of the most effective way to prevent yourself from getting COVID-19. It also prevents you from transmitting COVID-19 to someone else.
4. Clean hands Save lives!
How to wash your hands with soap and water
1. Wet your hands with warm water and apply soap.
2. Rub your hands together palm to palm until the soap forms a lather.
3. Rub the back of one hand with your palm and fingers spread so you wash between fingers. Repeat with the other hand.
4. Interlock the top of your hands and rub your fingertips – this cleans your fingertips and knuckles.
5. Then finally grasp your thumb tightly and twist to make sure your thumbs are cleaned. Repeat with the other hand.
6. This should take at least 20 seconds.
7. Rinse your hands under running water.
8. Dry your hands with a clean towel or paper towel.
Q Mark Awards 2019 National Winners
EIQA proud ‘Guardians of The Q Mark’
To deliver the highest standards of Quality & Excellence
Continuous Improvement & Best Practice
What our Clients say
Our double win was instrumental in the 10% increase our business has experienced in the past 12 months. The 3 most important things to our customers are Quality, Quality and Quality.
Despite difficult economic times, The Q Mark has allowed us to optimise our procedures and processes through the Q Mark standard to deliver continuous improvements across our business.
As we are providing homecare services in an unregulated market, we are committed to maintaining and constantly improving our services and the EIQA National Q Mark for Quality Management Systems Framework has really helped us as a company.