The Q Mark for Bill Presentation
The Q Mark for Bill Presentation provides objective criteria against which the overall presentation and clarity of billing information provided to consumers by telecommunications companies can be assessed.
The standard provides a comprehensive approach to audit of the five key areas of billing information:
- Bill content
- Bill layout
- Bill format
- Bill charges
The framework was developed by EIQA on behalf of ComReg (Communications Regulator) to encourage phone and internet communications companies to ensure that their bills are fully transparent and understandable to consumers and to promote best practice.
Benefits of the Q Mark for Bill Presentation
For all telecommunications operators who strive to provide the highest standard of service to their customers, The Q Mark for Bill Presentation will:
- Assist operators to further improve the quality and transparency of their bills
- Reduce the degree of consumer confusion
- Ensure consumers are appropriately informed about costs of services purchased
- Assist consumer make informed choices when choosing a telecommunications provider
Achieving The Q Mark for Bill Presentation
- A telecommunications operator must score in each of the 5 elements and a minimum of 50% to gain 3 star certification.
- Scoring between 60% and 79% an operator will be awarded 4 star certification.
- A score of 80% plus is the reserve of 5 star operators.
- On completion of the audit the operator will receive a detailed report. Successful operators will receive certification clearly showing the level achieved. (3, 4 or 5 star)
- Successful operators may use the approved logo on the bill during the certification period.
- For further information please contact EIQA on
- 01 660 4100 or by email at email@example.com
How to take part in the Q Mark for Bill Presentation
- Complete the on-line registration form Here
- On receipt of your application and fee payment, you will receive your registration certificate from Excellence Ireland Quality Association (EIQA) along with your copy of The Q Mark for Bill Presentation Framework.
- Using The Q Mark for Bill Presentation Framework, create a checklist of areas in your business that do, and do not comply with the requirements
- When you are ready for your audit contact us to confirm suitable dates to send in copies of your customer bills for an EIQA team member to complete your audit.
The Q Mark team will be happy to support your preparation for your audit and will answer any queries that you may have about the requirements of the framework.
If you would like to compare your current billing standards to The Q Mark for Bill Presentation Certification framework, you can apply for a mock-audit. This is a full audit by an experienced auditor who will guide you through the process at a time and date that suits your schedule.