The Q Mark for Engineering Quality Management Systems
Engineering companies with a commitment to quality assurance are reaping great benefits by pushing quality awareness right across the engineering process.
On factory floors all over the world, attention to quality in product-manufacturing operations now determines market success. Irrespective of the sector of engineering you are involved in, the attention to quality throughout the operation is proving to be fruitful…
Quality planning works by answering the same three questions:
- What do we need to measure?
- How should we measure it?
- How can we fix the errors we find and improve the overall process so that we avoid the errors altogether?
The Q Mark for Engineering Quality Management Systems framework can be overlaid onto your business plan and all of the above questions will answered clearly.
Q Mark for Engineering Quality Management Systems
The Q Mark for Engineering Quality Management Systems is a business excellence framework that reviews all aspects of your engineering company on an annual basis. The Q Mark framework is based on the tried and tested business excellence framework which is used by more than 30,000 organisations throughout Europe.
Benefits of Holding The Q Mark for Engineering Quality Management Systems Certification
- The Q Mark for Engineering Quality Management Systems gives you third party certification from the National Quality Organisation (EIQA – The Guardians of The Q Mark) which enhances your client’s confidence in all aspects of your business’ processes and procedures. (Current consumer recognition of The Q Mark stands at 87% – September 2012, Ireland)
- The Q Mark ensures that you are fully conversant and compliant with all relevant legislative and regulatory controls, and gives your team a framework which encourages them to operate to the highest operational standard.
- The Q Mark identifies what is working for you and what’s not working for you, at ALL levels within your business.
- The Q Mark gives you competitive advantage by demonstrating your organisation’s commitment to the highest standard of quality and excellence by using distinctive certification and marketing material based on the most widely used framework in Ireland.
- The Q Mark enhances your opportunity at tender because you can demonstrate that your quality management system operates to the highest level.
What The Q Mark can do for Your Business
- Increase your revenue
- Increase your turnover
- Increase your customer base
- Increase your profit margins
- Increase staff output rates
- Decrease staff absenteeism
- Decrease staff turnover
- Improve your company’s processes and procedures
- Improve your business efficiency
The Q Mark for Quality Management Systems – The Only 100% Continuous Improvement Programme!
The Q Mark for Quality Management Systems is a continuous improvement programme. This means that 100% of your businesses processes, procedures and resources are assessed on an annual basis in compliance with the Q Mark for Quality Management Systems framework criteria.
At the end of each annual audit, each business is given an extensive business report. This will identify current best practices as well as suggested areas for improvement and will provide the business with the basis of a business plan for the year ahead. The report will also identify ways for the business to operate to the highest standard of quality and excellence. During subsequent audits, all recommendations from previous reports will be assessed to ensure that every business continues to improve their standard of operation year on year.
Using The Q Mark framework ensures that the business has accountability in every part of their service, and whilst enhancing consumer and client confidence, it allows for easy preparation for any regulatory authority enforcement audits or visits e.g. NERA, HSA, EHO etc.
Who Should Apply for The Q Mark for Quality Management Systems
The Q Mark for Engineering Quality Management Systems is for all companies who want to examine and improve upon ALL aspects of their business, irrespective of whether they are involved in product or service delivery in construction, electrical engineering, civil engineering, electronic or mechanical engineering.
The Q Mark for Quality Management Systems Framework Explained:
The Q Mark framework for Quality Management Systems is based on five principal elements, all of which are underpinned by continuous improvement.
Continuous improvement simply means that there is an ongoing effort to improve products, services, or processes.
The five principal elements are:
- Leadership and Commitment
Note* The term ‘leadership’ is used to describe everyone involved in running the company. Organisations will have different ways of describing leaders as senior managers, management etc.How the management of the company is committed to their Quality Management System and the plans they have in palace to learn from experience and improve upon it.
- Employee Engagement
How the employees are involved in the Quality Management System and how their feedback is utilised.
- Excellent Business Systems and Processes
How the key processes of the business are devised, reviewed and improved upon. This area also examines the supporting processes and how they are improved upon.
- Customer Experience
How customers are listened to and how this feedback is acted upon.
How the business collates, reports, reviews and improves its results annually.
Achieving The Q Mark for Engineering Quality Management Systems
On initial audit, the business needs to score at least 30% in each of the five
principal elements and an overall minimum score of 55% to achieve The Q Mark for Quality Management Systems Level 1.
There are three levels to the scoring outcome:
- 55% Level 1
- 70% Level 2
- 85% Level 3
How to Apply for The Q Mark for Quality Management Systems
- Complete the on-line registration form Here
- On receipt of your application and fee payment, you will receive your registration certificate from Excellence Ireland Quality Association (EIQA) along with your copy of The Q Mark for Quality Management Systems.
- Using The Q Mark for Quality Management Systems Framework, create a checklist of areas in your business that do, and do not comply with the requirements.
- When you are ready for your audit contact us to confirm a date to complete your audit.
The Q Mark team will be happy to support your preparation for your audit and will answer any queries that you may have about the requirements of the framework.
If you would like to compare your current operating standards to The Q Mark for QMS framework, you can apply for a mock-audit. This is a full audit by an experienced auditor who will guide you through the process at a time and date that suits your schedule.