Q Mark for Leisure Centres
The Q Mark for Leisure Centres is a business excellence framework that encompasses all aspects of Quality Management and high standards of Operational Hygiene. The programme was designed specifically for the Irish leisure industry with the assistance of the Irish Hotels Federation and leading members of the leisure industry in Ireland.
Benefits of Holding The Q Mark for Leisure Centres Certification
- The Q Mark for Leisure centres gives you third party certification from the National Quality Organisation (EIQA – The Guardians of The Q Mark) which enhances your service users confidence in all aspects of your centre’s processes, procedures and operating standards. (Current consumer recognition of The Q Mark stands at 87% – September 2012, Ireland)
- The Q Mark ensures that you are fully conversant and compliant with all relevant legislative and regulatory controls, and gives your team a framework which encourages them to operate to the highest operational standard.
- The Q Mark identifies what is working for you and what’s not working for you, at ALL levels within your leisure centre.
- The Q Mark gives you competitive advantage by demonstrating your organisation’s commitment to the highest standard of quality and excellence by using distinctive certification and marketing material based on the most widely used framework in Ireland.
- The Q Mark enhances your opportunity at tender because you can demonstrate that your quality management system operates to the highest level.
What The Q Mark can do for Your Business
- Increase your revenue
- Increase your turnover
- Increase your customer base
- Increase your profit margins
- Increase staff output rates
- Decrease staff absenteeism
- Decrease staff turnover
- Improve your company’s processes and procedures
- Improve your business efficiency
The Q Mark for Leisure Centres – The Only 100% Continuous Improvement Programme!
The Q Mark for Leisure Centres is a continuous improvement programme. This means that 100% of a Leisure Centre’s processes, procedures and resources are assessed on an annual basis in compliance with the Q Mark for Leisure Centres framework criteria.
At the end of each annual audit, each Leisure Centre is given an extensive business report. This will identify current best practices as well as suggested areas for improvement and will provide the Leisure Centre operator with the basis of a business plan for the year ahead. The report will also identify ways for the Leisure Centre to operate to the highest standard of operational hygiene and provide an excellent experience for customers.
During subsequent audits, all recommendations from previous reports will be assessed to ensure that every Leisure Centre continues to improve their standard of operation year on year.
Using The Q Mark framework ensures that a Leisure Centre has accountability in every part of their service, and whilst enhancing consumer and client confidence, it allows for easy preparation for any regulatory authority enforcement audits or visits e.g. NERA, HSA. The Q Mark for Leisure Centre Standard provides a comprehensive / integrated approach to auditing of the Quality Management Systems and Operational Hygiene Standards of Leisure Centres
Who Should Apply for The Q Mark for Leisure Centres
The Q Mark for Leisure Centres is for every company operating in the Leisure centre industry. (Single or Multi-site)
The Q Mark for Leisure Centres Framework Explained:
The Q Mark framework for Leisure Centres is based on four key elements, all of which are underpinned by continuous improvement.
Continuous improvement simply means that there is an ongoing effort to improve products, services, or processes.
The four key elements are:
- Management and Commitment
Evidence of legal compliance, commitment to continuous improvement and pro-active approach to business planning.
This element of the Leisure Centre Standard covers all operational areas of the centre, with specific emphasis on the implementation of the organisation’s policies and procedures developed.
- Performance and Review
Organisations that continue to perform well, financially and operationally, continuously review their own performance and that of their employees, contractors and suppliers by conducting a planned programme of audits and reviews.
- Structure and Services
This element of The Q Mark for Leisure Centres Standard outlines the specific requirements for the structure of the facilities as well as the nature and type of facilities that are required for customers and employees.
Achieving The Q Mark for Leisure Centres Certification
A Leisure Centre must score a minimum of 30% in each of the 4 elements and a minimum of 40% overall to gain certification.
How to Apply for The Q Mark for Leisure Centres
- Complete the on-line registration form Here
- On receipt of your application and fee payment, you will receive your registration certificate from Excellence Ireland Quality Association (EIQA) along with your copy of The Q Mark for Leisure Centres Framework.
- Using The Q Mark for Leisure Centres Framework, create a checklist of areas in your business that do, and do not comply with the requirements.
- When you are ready for your audit contact us to confirm a date to complete your audit.
The Q Mark team will be happy to support your preparation for your audit and will answer any queries that you may have about the requirements of the framework.
If you would like to compare your current operating standards to The Q Mark for Leisure Centres Certification framework, you can apply for a mock-audit. This is a full audit by an experienced auditor who will guide you through the process at a time and date that suits your schedule.